- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated October 23, 2008 at 4:24 pm by .
- October 23, 2008 at 10:09 am #265106
Curried Cauliflower Soup
Makes 4 to 5 servings
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets and chopped
1 (28 oz) can diced peeled tomatoes
1 (14 1/2 oz) can vegetable or beef broth
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 to 2 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon cumin
salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine the cauliflower, tomatoes with their liquid, broth, onion and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low setting about 7 hours or until the cauliflower is tender. Increase the heat to high setting.
Stir in the curry poweder and cumin and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on high 1/2 hour longer. Serve hot or refrigerate and serve cold.
- October 23, 2008 at 2:31 pm #401331
I keep hearing and reading about curry powder but I am not familiar with it. Is it spicy hot ??? I want to try it but my family hates spicy food & I want to be sure before I buy any !!!
- October 23, 2008 at 4:24 pm #401347
It is spicy but not that bad. It is suppose to be good for your arteries/cholesterol.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.