- This topic has 3 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated October 2, 2009 at 7:51 pm by .
- May 12, 2009 at 4:35 pm #273328
These make an awesome snack. They’re salty and crunchy and provide tons of fiber while satisfying the urge to snack. And it helps that you can make this recipe for under a buck in most places!
*1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed until no more foam appears, then drain well and blot with a towel to remove all the water)
*1 tablespoon oil (I use olive for health reasons)
*1 Tbsp soy sauce
*1 tsp salt (I use sea salt)
Pour chickpeas in a bowl, drizzel oil and soy sauce over top. Stir to coat evenly. Spread the chickpeas in a shallow baking dish.
Sprinkle with salt. Roast at 350 degrees for about an hour, turning at least every 15 minutes. When they’re done, they’ll be browned and crispy.
- May 12, 2009 at 5:00 pm #421340
This sounds like a fantastic idea! I’m always looking for healthier snacks to eat. Aren’t chickpeas full of fiber?
That would be a filling snack! 🙂 Thanks so much! 🙂
- May 13, 2009 at 12:44 am #421368
Sounds very interesting. Thank you for the recipe.
- July 4, 2009 at 11:23 pm #423286
I love chickpeas. Thank you for a unique way to make them!
- October 2, 2009 at 7:51 pm #425349
There are also ready roasted ones here crackpeas.com
I am not sure they sell retail but there are many good flavors
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.