- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated July 3, 2014 at 1:58 am by .
- May 11, 2009 at 4:24 am #273283Virginia
Crunchy Cabbage-Rice Rolls
8 large Cabbage Leaves
4 cups cooked Brown Rice
1 (8 ounce) can sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
1 (4 ounce) can Mushroom Stems and Pieces, drained
3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, melted
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
1 Tablespoon Butter or Margarine, meltedCook cabbage leaves in a small amount of boiling water 8 minutes or until just tender; drain and set aside.
Combine next 4 ingredients; mix well. Spoon 1/2 cup of rice mixture onto each cabbage leaf; roll up and place seam side down in a 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Pour chicken broth on and around cabbage rolls; brush rolls with remaining butter.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.Enjoy! Thanks; Virginia
- May 11, 2009 at 3:41 pm #421284jkpjohnson
I normally scroll past the recipe section (unless I am looking for something or I have a little time on my hands to view and print). I saw this & was drawn to it, sounds great. We are not huge cabbage fans, but something CALLED for my attention.
- July 2, 2014 at 6:10 pm #455451Pjager
Sounds yummy, must try soon!
- July 3, 2014 at 1:58 am #455470MrsPawsGonna have to try these! Most cabbage roll recipes have ground beef in them…something I’m not a fan of. :-/
Thanks for sharing!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.