- This topic is empty.
- January 23, 2021 at 7:31 am #596210mosParticipant
This crockpot Vegetarian taco soup is a wonderful way to use up ingredients in the pantry!
Crockpot Vegetarian Taco Soup
14-oz can corn, drained
14-oz can kidney beans or navy beans, drained
14-oz can pinto beans, drained
14-oz can black beans, drained
Optional: 7-oz can green chilies
14-oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1-oz package taco seasoning mix
1/4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups vegetable broth
Garnish: tortilla chips or corn chips
Garnish: grated cheese
Garnish: green onions, chopped
Garnish: fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional: sour cream
- Place the drained corn, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, optional green chilies, and undrained stewed tomatoes in the Crockpot and give it a quick stir.
- Next, add the taco seasoning mix, cumin, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, broth and quickly stir again.
- Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours. Alternatively, if in a hurry, can set this on high for 3 hours.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings before serving. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable broth to thin it out. If it is too thin, cook it a little longer with the cover off.
- To serve, set out bowls of optional garnishes—tortilla chips, grated cheese, chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, sour cream—and let everyone top their soup to their liking. Serves 6
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.