Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by mos October 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm.

• Author

mos
    Participant

Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper:party1:
    6 cups boiling water
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 1/2 cup orange juice
    1 orange sliced (unpeeled)
    6 tea bags
    2 tbs honey
    1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
    Warm your crockpot first with some hot tap water. Then pour boiling water over the tea bags in the crockpot. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, honey, orange juice, pineapple juice, and orange slices. Cover and heat on low for 2-3 hours.

Serve from pot.
    this will warm you in the midst of a wintry day;-)

Mmm! This is one I will have to try this winter on an evening when I can’t seem to get warm enough. I love warm/hot tea!

@mos 136580 wrote:

Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper:party1:
    6 cups boiling water
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 1/2 cup orange juice
    1 orange sliced (unpeeled)
    6 tea bags
    2 tbs honey
    1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
    Warm your crockpot first with some hot tap water. Then pour boiling water over the tea bags in the crockpot. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, honey, orange juice, pineapple juice, and orange slices. Cover and heat on low for 2-3 hours.

Serve from pot.
    this will warm you in the midst of a wintry day;-)

Yum, this sounds delicious, I’d like a nice mug of this around a campfire, maybe with a shot or two in it < :cloud9:

mos
    Participant

Contened Queen, this will definitely warm your ‘cockles’ on a winter night! This will make at least six steaming cups and you can refrigerate the rest…warm it in the microwave;-)
    Baconeater, this is soooo good with or without your added ingredient…bourbon works great…giggle…

drea
    Participant

add just a touch of nutmeg, about 1/4 tsp to the whole thing, it’ll knock your socks off!

This sound yummy. Going to make tonight!

This sounds so good!
    When the weather starts to -really- cool down, this is definitely something I’m gonna try!!
    Bet it’s good cold too…may have to make it sooner just to try it cold…lol

…and maybe a cinnamon stick to stir it all 🙂

mos
    Participant

It is good cold…with or without added spirits;-D As I always say, add what you think might be good…make this recipe your own…I’ll never tell;-D
    For what it’s worth, my DD (the herbologist) makes this with ginger tea bags and recommends it for morning sickness and colds or allergies;-D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper