Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Uppermultistars smilie
      6 cups boiling water
      1/3 cup sugar
      1 1/2 cup orange juice
      1 orange sliced (unpeeled)
      6 tea bags
      2 tbs honey
      1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
      Warm your crockpot first with some hot tap water. Then pour boiling water over the tea bags in the crockpot. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, honey, orange juice, pineapple juice, and orange slices. Cover and heat on low for 2-3 hours.

Serve from pot.
      this will warm you in the midst of a wintry day;-)

Mmm! This is one I will have to try this winter on an evening when I can’t seem to get warm enough. I love warm/hot tea!

@mos 136580 wrote:

Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Uppermultistars smilie
      6 cups boiling water
      1/3 cup sugar
      1 1/2 cup orange juice
      1 orange sliced (unpeeled)
      6 tea bags
      2 tbs honey
      1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
      Warm your crockpot first with some hot tap water. Then pour boiling water over the tea bags in the crockpot. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.

Remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, honey, orange juice, pineapple juice, and orange slices. Cover and heat on low for 2-3 hours.

Serve from pot.
      this will warm you in the midst of a wintry day;-)

Yum, this sounds delicious, I’d like a nice mug of this around a campfire, maybe with a shot or two in it < cloud9 smilie

Participant

Contened Queen, this will definitely warm your ‘cockles’ on a winter night! This will make at least six steaming cups and you can refrigerate the rest…warm it in the microwave;-)
      Baconeater, this is soooo good with or without your added ingredient…bourbon works greatgiggle smiley

Participant

add just a touch of nutmeg, about 1/4 tsp to the whole thing, it’ll knock your socks off!

This sound yummy. Going to make tonight!

This sounds so good!
      When the weather starts to -really- cool down, this is definitely something I’m gonna try!!
      Bet it’s good cold too…may have to make it sooner just to try it cold…lol

…and maybe a cinnamon stick to stir it all 🙂

Participant

It is good cold…with or without added spirits;-D As I always say, add what you think might be good…make this recipe your own…I’ll never tell;-D
      For what it’s worth, my DD (the herbologist) makes this with ginger tea bags and recommends it for morning sickness and colds or allergies;-D

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot Tropical Tea Warmer-Upper