Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

My sister in law makes this and it is great:

In a crock pot goes:
      rice
      salsa
      tomato sauce
      cooked chunks of chicken.

let it cook all day. Stir it occasionally. Just before serving top with shredded cheese.

Serve on tortillas. Yummy!

Sounds good. What proportions of rice to tomato sauce does she use? Also, is it minute rice or long grain rice?

I used 2 cups of rice because it was supposed to serve 4 but we have way too much doing that, so probably 1 cup would suffice. I used minute rice and 2 cans of tomato sauce with 1 jar salsa… You can tweak it to your taste as you experiment with it though!

That sounds good but I would use my homemade Salsa I use with my rotel and canned tomatoe stock pile

1 can rotel
      1 can whole peeled tomatoe (14 oz I think)
      1/2 of a bunch of Cilntro
      1/2 small onion
      salt and garlic to taste.
      put it in blender or food processors

yummy 🙂

This does sound good and easy too. I think I would use my canned salsa and tomatoes too 🙂

Very easy recipe! SOunds great! Thanks!

This sounds great. My 10 year old son loves to cook also, and he is excited about this being one of his recipes. Thanks for making his day.

glad we could be of assistance in a young one cooking

Awesome recipe!
      And so versatile.
      I substituted black beans for the chicken and rotel for tomato sauce and added a can of corn into the mix. Yummy to my tummy!

that sounds great! we do change back and forth and do ground beef one time and chicken the next, but beans would be a great addition

Sounds Great, Going to try it tonight!

This sounds yummy. Something easy to get started before work and have done by the time I get home.

actually, it only takes about 1 hour in the crock pot, so i wouldn’t recommend that you cook it all day like that.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Crockpot Spanish Rice