- October 13, 2008 at 5:38 pm #264547
My sister in law makes this and it is great:
In a crock pot goes:
cooked chunks of chicken.
let it cook all day. Stir it occasionally. Just before serving top with shredded cheese.
Serve on tortillas. Yummy!
- October 13, 2008 at 8:32 pm #400419
Sounds good. What proportions of rice to tomato sauce does she use? Also, is it minute rice or long grain rice?
- October 13, 2008 at 8:43 pm #400422
I used 2 cups of rice because it was supposed to serve 4 but we have way too much doing that, so probably 1 cup would suffice. I used minute rice and 2 cans of tomato sauce with 1 jar salsa… You can tweak it to your taste as you experiment with it though!
- April 10, 2009 at 6:04 pm #419251
That sounds good but I would use my homemade Salsa I use with my rotel and canned tomatoe stock pile
1 can rotel
1 can whole peeled tomatoe (14 oz I think)
1/2 of a bunch of Cilntro
1/2 small onion
salt and garlic to taste.
put it in blender or food processors
- April 11, 2009 at 2:20 pm #419301
This does sound good and easy too. I think I would use my canned salsa and tomatoes too 🙂
- April 11, 2009 at 5:01 pm #419306
Very easy recipe! SOunds great! Thanks!
- April 12, 2009 at 3:33 pm #419356
This sounds great. My 10 year old son loves to cook also, and he is excited about this being one of his recipes. Thanks for making his day.
- April 13, 2009 at 7:34 pm #419407
glad we could be of assistance in a young one cooking
- April 30, 2009 at 2:09 pm #420646
And so versatile.
I substituted black beans for the chicken and rotel for tomato sauce and added a can of corn into the mix. Yummy to my tummy!
- April 30, 2009 at 8:29 pm #420660
that sounds great! we do change back and forth and do ground beef one time and chicken the next, but beans would be a great addition
- May 1, 2009 at 5:29 pm #420713
Sounds Great, Going to try it tonight!
- June 2, 2010 at 8:12 am #428143
This sounds yummy. Something easy to get started before work and have done by the time I get home.
- June 21, 2010 at 4:06 pm #428322
actually, it only takes about 1 hour in the crock pot, so i wouldn’t recommend that you cook it all day like that.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.