Crockpot/Slow cooker Temperatures

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot/Slow cooker Temperatures

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jennifer Green

So..today I found myself needing to know what temperature a Slow cooker uses at Low, or at High.

I decided I wanted to do a slow cooker lasagna, but my crock pot isn’t a big one. I have a turkey roaster, which I decided to use.

Here is pretty much what I have discovered.

Quote:
      crockpots may vary but generally, the low setting is about 200 degrees F. and the HIGH setting is about 300 degrees F. One hour on HIGH is approximately equal to 2 to 2-1/2 hours on LOW.

Most crockpot recipes recommend cooking 8-10 hours on low. some recipes recommend the high setting based on the nature and texture of the food. you will have to judge your recipe accordingly.

for example, beef cuts will be better cooked on low for 8-10 hours to get a more tender texture, where chicken can be cooked on HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 hours.

Wasn’t sure if this info was here, so figured I would add it. Also, I will let you know how it turns out. It was suggested for crock pot Lasagna to cook for about 3 hours on low..

So, I will post here in about 2 hours. lol

Jennifer Green

And.. I would say that the recommendations on this was pretty right on. 2.5 – 2.75 hours was about perfect 😀

mos

Jennifer, trust me, if you got that data from here, it was probably from Liss, the site owner and she leaves nothing to chance! So trust what she says…Liss and I go waa-aay back and i trust her without question!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Crockpot/Slow cooker Temperatures