- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated August 29, 2014 at 11:07 pm by .
- August 26, 2014 at 11:44 pm #345867mos
Crockpot Potato Soup
5 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 14-oz cans ready to serve chicken or vegetable broth
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
13-oz can evaporated milk
3 tbs flour
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
2 tbs dried snipped chives
1/8 tsp celery salt
Combine prepared potatoes with onions, garlic, broth, salt, and pepper in 4-5 quart crockpot. Cover and cook on low heat until potatoes are tender, 6-8 hours.
When potatoes are tender, coarsely mash with large spoon or potato masher.
Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine evaporated milk and 2 tbs flour and mix well. Add to crockpot, stir well, and cook on high for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
Place sour cream in small bowl and mix with 1 tbs flour. Add some of the hot soup liquid.Stir well with wire whisk to blend. Gently stir into crockpot along with remaining ingredients and cook on high for 20 minutes longer.
- August 27, 2014 at 12:38 am #458167Hirene
I’ll be making this definitely!
- August 27, 2014 at 10:40 pm #458185mos
Very easy and good for you;-D Let us know how it works for you and your family!
- August 29, 2014 at 1:32 am #458253HireneMade this yesterday…yummy . Few minor tweeks but excellent recipe!
- August 29, 2014 at 11:07 pm #458276mos
Hirene…share your tweaks…inquiring minds want to know
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.