- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated October 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm by .
- September 20, 2009 at 6:21 pm #276643
Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
32-oz frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 lb regular bacon or vegetarian bacon (optional)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6-8 drops hot sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
Spray the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray. Place hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with diced red pepper. If using, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble on top of the diced red pepper. Top with cheddar cheese. Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over the mixture in the Crockpot. Cook on low 10-12 hours.
- September 21, 2009 at 1:24 am #425111
I’m gonna have to try this one next week (already went shopping for the week.)
Thanks, Mos, love your recipes!!!!
- September 21, 2009 at 11:02 pm #425123
thanks, gal! I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine has over the years;-) I live alone now and I’ll make recipes like this and portion it up to have during the week. enjoy!
- September 29, 2009 at 1:08 am #425250
sounds yummy, cannot wait to try this at next brunch
- October 18, 2009 at 1:55 am #425678
sounds so yummy, I may try it with fresh potatoes
- October 18, 2009 at 2:19 pm #425680
using fresh potatoes, onions, and potatoes will work just fine! I only use the frozen when they’re on sale and I have a coupon;-) I shoulda mentioned that in a note, huh? LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.