- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated April 1, 2013 at 4:08 pm by .
- April 1, 2013 at 4:08 pm #316691bethaliz6894
this sounds so simple. I ‘almost’ want winter back so I can make this.
5 pounds russet potatoes, washed but NOT peeled. Diced into 1/2 inch(ish) cubes
1 medium/large yellow onion, diced
10 cloves of garlic, minced (if you use jarred, it’s a 5 teaspoon equivalent)
64 ounces (8 cups) chicken stock or broth
16 oz cream cheese, softened (I use low fat)
1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I use Aunt Cora’s Soulful Seasoning)
optional garnishes: crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, green onions
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Add the softened cream cheese and puree soup with an immersion blender until the cheese is incorporated and about half the soup is blended. (alternately you could remove half the soup and the cream cheese to an upright blender, then re-incorporate).
- stir well, top with your choice of garnishes & enjoy!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.