- October 18, 2009 at 7:54 pm #277555LissKeymaster
1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed
1 medium diced onion
1 green bell pepper diced
1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1 dozen eggs
1 C. milk
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper (more or less to taste)
Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese. Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.
Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.
- October 19, 2009 at 9:25 pm #425714
This looks delish!!! Thanks!!! 🙂
- October 19, 2009 at 9:27 pm #425715
Would this freeze well do you think? Its just me & my hubbie, so most crockpot recipes are too big, but I’d really love to try this one. 🙂
- July 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm #428538
This looks like a really good Christmas breakfast recipe or anytime the whole family gets together. Can’t wait to try it.
- July 29, 2010 at 1:57 pm #428542
Thank you for this yummy sounding recipe. Will definitely be making this one, especially for the holidays.
- August 24, 2011 at 1:11 am #430170
Crock Pot Breakfast sounds yummy. Can’t wait to try it on my crew.
- November 7, 2011 at 2:49 pm #430418LissKeymaster
This is on our weekly menu for this week, with a couple minor changes. I’m using grated potatoes, rather than frozen hashbrowns and some leftover sausage.
Really looking forward to a nice hot breakfast without the work!
- January 6, 2013 at 1:03 am #436083
Thinking seriously about this one…very seriously.
Think I’ll scale it back a bit though.
BUT, I do have a question…The bag of frozen hash browns…is it the shredded or cubed type?
- January 7, 2013 at 8:06 pm #436143
Can you make this using freshly grated or diced potatoes instead of frozen hash browns? Would there be a difference in liquid ingredients needed to prevent scorching? If so, what would you recommend?
- January 31, 2014 at 1:09 pm #448089
This I am going to have to cut in half, to much for a family of two. But, sounds great.
- January 31, 2014 at 11:42 pm #449654
We do a similar recipe in the oven during the holidays when the family visits – This would help me not have to wake up so early to do it! Thanks!
- February 1, 2014 at 12:28 am #449664mosParticipant
Oh, Liss..this has to be keeper! However, I am concerned about the freezer question. I’m not sure that it would freeze so well.
Refrigerate for some time yes, but freezing…I’m not so sure. What do ya think?!!
- May 25, 2014 at 11:55 pm #453599
By the way it reads, it uses the shredded kind.
- October 30, 2015 at 1:05 am #462407
This sounds very good. Need to try this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.