- December 26, 2012 at 5:02 pm #313367
1 1/2 – 2 lbs trimmed Deer round steaks-(pre-soaked over night)
1 tbsp AP flour
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cans golden cream of mushroom soup-or myo equivalent
1 cup milk
1 large onion-sliced
2 stalks celery-diced
1/2 cup carrots-sliced/diced
2 cloves garlic-minced/grated
1 tsp dry minced parsley
black pepper-to taste
1. Drain and pat dry meat.
2. Sprinkle meat with flour.
3. In a heavy bottomed skillet, brown meat in oil over med/high meat; remove from heat.
4. Add veggies into a prepared slow cooker. Add meat and pan drippings.
5. In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients; mix well.
6. Pour on top of veggie and meat layers; Cover.
7. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Serve over hot buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.
Can substitute beef for deer.
Can substitute any desired veggies for ones listed.
Can add other desired seasonings/herbs.
- December 28, 2012 at 6:49 am #435819
I hope my husband kills a deer tomorrow because this is the first thing I’m making if he does!
- December 29, 2012 at 11:02 pm #435857mosParticipant
I so love venison! My source has stopped hunting…I guess that I’ll have to go learn how to hunt myself…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.