• Author

Crispy Potato Patties:???:
      2 cups mashed potatoes
      1 egg, beaten
      1 onion, minced
      1/4 tsp salt
      1/8 tsp white pepper
      2-3 tbs olive oil
      Mix together mashed potatoes, beaten egg and onion in a medium bowl. Add salt and pepper and stir. Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a medium size nonstick frying pan. Drop about 1/4 cup of the potato mixture into the frying pan, patting it into 4 inch circles that are 1/2″ thick. Cook until bottom is browned and crisp, about 3-4 minutes. Carefully turn the patty over and cook the second side until brown and crisp, 3-4 minutes. Serve with ketchup or salsa.

My mom used to make these when I was a kid! My hubby laughs at me for eating mine with ketchup. I’m glad I’m not the only one. We never had salsa when I was growing up; I’ll have to try that next time I make these. Thanks for the reminder, and the memory!

it’s amazing how many wonderful memories can be triggered by foods we eat;-) the salsa was DD’s addition! years ago, when DD was going through an experimental phase, pulled out the container of salsa and tried it. obviously it was good! LOL!

These sound so good!! Thanks 🙂

These sound like the ones my Mother and Grandmother made to use up leftover mashed potatoes. I would not get the amounts right. Thank you for your post, will be making these soon.

LOL! I’ve made these for breakfast when I only had enough leftover mashed potatoes to make a couple of patties and surprise DD. Or, on weekends — a patty for her and one for me with a salad. But my favorite way to serve them is as a side for dinner with pork chops or a steak now than she’s all grown up and living a gazillion miles away! Depending on my mood and what they are a side to, I use ketchup or salsa — usually ketchup with the steak. …giggle..

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.