- This topic is empty.
- January 15, 2021 at 5:00 am #577016LissKeymaster
I came across a delicious recipe for keto french fries and tweaked it a bit to make them absolutely amazing! They literally taste like the Mcdonalds fries back in the day (when they were still good!)
Keto Crunchy French Fries
If you want amazing, crunchy, crispy keto french fries, look no further, here is the most amazing recipe you’ll ever try! I actually prefer the coconut flour ones, they’re spectacular. Dip them in fantabulous Keto Ketchup or a simple garlic aoli sauce (mayo, crushed garlic, fresh chopped parsley and a squeeze or two of lemon!).
100g ground almonds (or superfine almond flour for a denser & crunchier)
3 tsp xanthan gum
6 tbsp hot water
1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon French Fry Seasoning
Coconut flour fries
1. Add ground almonds (or coconut flour) and xanthan gum to a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly. Add freshly grated parmesan cheese (don’t use that ground shit in a can) and french fry seasoning, Add in hot water and mix/knead until all the ingredients are well blended. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough until it is 1/4 cm thick, then cut it into strips. I found that a pizza cutter works great!
3. Put a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and gently place the dough strips in the pan. Cook them until they are golden brown on both sides.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Place the raw fry strips on the tray and brush generously with oil
Bake at 400°F, turning them occasionally until all the fries are golden brown (12-15 mins).
4. Put the fries on a plate lined with paper towels (to help drain the oil). Sprinkle with salt. And enjoy.
Next time, I’m frying them in bacon grease!!
This recipe was adapted from Heavenly Fan’s keto french fries!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.