- October 28, 2008 at 9:31 pm #265452
Crescent Mummy Dogs
Hot dogs are all wrapped up in a classic recipe for Halloween…or anytime a chuckle is in order.
full starfull starfull starfull starfull star
Rate This Recipe
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
10 large hot dogs
Cooking sprayMustard or ketchup, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
3. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
4. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.” On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot.
With mustard, draw features on “face.”
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 15 to 19 minutes.
- October 28, 2008 at 11:26 pm #401853
This sounds like a great recipe Mo!!! Great post!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.