- October 23, 2008 at 3:15 pm #265113
Creepy Crunchy Donut Eyeballs
Makes 20 servings
2 bags (12 ounce) white chocolate morsels, Nestle®
4 teaspoons vegetable shortening, Crisco®
20 glazed donut holes, Entenmann’s®
20 round jellied candies, Gummi Savers®
20 milk chocolate candies, M&M’s®
Red food coloring, Schilling®
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
* Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper and set aside.
* Melt chocolate morsels with vegetable shortening in a stainless steel bowl by setting bowl over a pan of simmering water and stirring until smooth.
* Cut two 1/8-inch-slices from opposite sides of each donut hole.
* Drop the donut holes into the chocolate, one at a time.
* Using a fork, coat the donut hole in chocolate.
* Lift and gently shake to remove excess chocolate.
* Place on prepared cookie sheet, cut side down.
* Repeat with remaining donut holes.
* Reserve unused chocolate.
* Place the jellied candies on top surface of donut holes.
* Refrigerate until set.
* Re-heat chocolate if necessary.
* Place a small dab of melted chocolate on the chocolate candies and stick them onto the jellied candies.
* Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
* In a small bowl, mix 2 drops of food coloring with 2 teaspoons melted chocolate.
* Use a toothpick to draw “veins” on the eyeballs.
* Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.