Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Creative ideas to get your kids to eat better

This topic contains 8 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Saving Moola January 3, 2006 at 4:43 pm.

• Author

Actually Theresa’s post got me thinking.
    Why don’t we all post idea’s for increasing the nutritional content of foods. Including what we do to “sneak” nutriton past our kids. ;o)
    One of the things I regularly do is make “Golden White Bread”.

I make all my bread in my ABM and I call this bread that because I use homemade frozen pumpkin puree in place of water in the recipe.
    Homemade puree is thinner than commerical in the can type. I would thin out commerical stuff with water then add it if I were using that.
    I got this idea from a Taste of Home magazine where I got a recipe for dinner rolls that had pumpkin. They were such a huge hit with my family at Thanksgiving it got me thinking.

Especially as I have one child who acts like he’s dying if I present him with a vegetable.
    I also sneak pumpkin into a choc-chip loaf and a chocolate chocolate chip loaf.
    (I’m a sneaky mom)
    I can’t wait to see what ideas everyone comes up with.
    Sincerely,
    Sherrilee

Date: Mon Jul 1, 2002 9:53 am
    Subject: Creative ideas to get your kids to eat better

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Kids / Children Creative ideas to get your kids to eat better