- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated January 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm by .
- January 2, 2012 at 5:16 pm #302025
Creamy Vegetable Rice Mix
* 1 cup long grain brown rice
* 1/4 cup dried mixed vegetables
* 1 tablespoon dry green pepper
* 1 teaspoon dry parsley
* 1 teaspoon dry minced onions
* 1/4 tsp onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 3 crushed vegetable or chicken bouillon cubes-no msg added
* 1 teaspoon brown sugar
* Pinch Turmeric
* 3 tablespoon dry milk powder
Combine all ingredients in a zip top bag or airtight container.
Label and seal, then store in pantry.
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 package of Creamy Vegetable Rice Mix
* 2-1/2 cups water
In a 2 quart heavy bottomed pan combine the butter, Rice Mix and
water. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover. Reduce to low.
Cook the mixture for 45 minutes over low heat. Serve hot.
During preparation-can use drained canned or frozen veggies if NOT using dried.
- January 2, 2012 at 11:56 pm #431045
I love this recipe! I may have to use it on my next camping trip!! This is a perfect recipe for camping!!!
Do ya think that I like it?
- January 3, 2012 at 11:26 pm #431069
I really you enjoy it! We have it frequently around here.
Let me know what you think…and if you have any tweeks that would make it better. 🙂
- January 4, 2012 at 2:01 pm #431071
Thanks. This look good. What does Tumeric add?
I’ve never had it before…or at least I don’t think so. Where do you get dried veggies?
- January 4, 2012 at 7:10 pm #431076
Turmeric adds color but not much flavor…although I think I read somewhere were it has nutritional and/or health benefits.
Dried veggies can be found at some grocery stores and at most health food stores. I think you can buy them online also, but I’ve not had to do that yet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.