- This topic is empty.
- April 27, 2021 at 9:43 am #597695my4mainecoons
This isn’t something I truly measure, it’s something that I eye and throw together. It goes great with grilled or baked fish or even pan fried sausage slices.
Copycat Hellman's Mayonnaise RecipeBudget101.com by Melissa 'Liss' BurnellRecreate the flavor of America's favorite mayonnaise in your own kitchen!
- In a blender, whisk/beat the egg yolk.1 egg yolk
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, water, lemon juice, salt and sugar, stirring until the salt and sugar dissolve completely.⅜ teaspoon salt⅜ teaspoon granulated sugar1 teaspoon water¼ teaspoon Lemon Juice2 ¼ teaspoons white vinegar
- Pour half of the vinegar solution into the whisked egg yolk and pulse on and off for 10 seconds.1 cup vegetable oil
- With the blender running, drizzle about half of the mixture (slowly, a small amount at a time) until the mixture is very thick.
- Careduly in in the remaining vinegar solition, and then continue to drizzle in the remaning oil in a thin steady stream with the blender running. The mayonnaise will be quite thick and cream colored when it's ready
- This mayonnaise can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Yield 1 cup
NotesDo not overmix as the mixture will separate.Recipe Size Alteration Note
If you altered the ingedients above by doubling or tripling the recipe, you may also need to change the pan/dish size and adjust the cooking/baking time.
NutritionServing: 1tbsCalories: 125kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 55mgPotassium: 1mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 16IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mgNet Carbs: 1g
Creamy Lemon Coleslaw1 big mixing spoon dollop of mayo. What is that 1/2 – 3/4 c2 caps of lemon juice. Guess it’s 1 1/2 tsps?1 Tbsp EBB seasoning1 tsp celery salt1 tsp lemon pepper1 pkg shredded cabbage/coleslaw mixcombine all the ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.