This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mos January 3, 2016 at 8:08 pm.

• Author

mos
    Participant

Creamy Broccoli Soup
    1/4 cup chopped onions
    1 tbs butter or margarine
    1 tbs flour
    2 cups milk
    4 oz cream cheese, cubed
    1 cup American cheese, cubed or shredded
    1 1/4 cup broccoli, cooked, drained
    1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/8 tsp pepper
    Cook and stir onions in butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat 3 to 5 min or until onions are crisp-tender. Whisk in flour until blended.
    Stir in milk. Cook on medium heat 2 min, stirring occasionally. Add cream cheese. Cook and stir 2 to 3 min or until melted.
    Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cook 5 min or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
    :loveshower:

Thank you Mos for sharing your delicious sounding recipe! I like to use half milk and then half-half cream mixed 50-50 in the recipe. So for this one I’d use 1 c. milk and 1 c. half and half. I don’t know why it makes such a huge difference in taste, but give it a try sometime, I think you’ll really enjoy it. I also like to add bits of leftover veggies to broccoli cream soup (asparagus is my favorite!).

mos
    Participant

I love this soup and it’s perfect for leftover veggies. When I have a taste for it, I purposely cook extra veggies…giggle…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register