- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated November 7, 2008 at 3:07 pm by .
- November 6, 2008 at 11:46 pm #266150rtebalt
Cranberry Salsa Dip with Cream Cheese
1 (12-ounce bag) or 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup minced green onions
2 small (approximately 2 tablespoons) jalapeno peppers, cored, seeded and minced
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, minced
2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
Cranberries and/or cilantro sprigs for garnishRinse, drain, and pick over cranberries, (discarding all that are soft or bruised). Place them in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped but not mushy.
Place crushed cranberries in a bowl; mix together with onions, jalapeno peppers, sugar, cilantro leaves, ginger, and lemon juice. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours so flavors develop (salsa will be too sharp and tart to begin with).
On a serving plate, place cream cheese; cover with the dip. Garnish, if desired, and served with crackers.
- November 7, 2008 at 6:30 am #402997wilbe95Now that is a different recipe. Thanks
- November 7, 2008 at 3:07 pm #403029rtebalt
Yeh, I saw this recipe & thought it would be a neat way to use a “THanksgiving Staple” in a different way. 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.