- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated November 3, 2008 at 12:51 am by .
- November 1, 2008 at 9:38 pm #265652
• 1 can jellied cranberry sauce
• 1 large box cherry Jell-O
• 1 cup hot water
• 1/2 pint sour cream
• 1/2 cup pecan pieces
Dissolve the Jell-O in the hot water. Mix dissolved Hello-O with the cranberry sauce. Refrigerate until soft set.
Fold in sour cream and pecans and refrigerate overnight.
- November 2, 2008 at 5:42 am #402293
Sour Cream and jello interesting , might have to try a 1/2 recipe. Sounds good.
- November 2, 2008 at 7:35 pm #402375
Here’s The Cranberry Salad I make every year. I got this recipe at a dinner when I was stationed in Okinawa japan in 1974:
Cranberry Banana Salad
3 cups boiling water
9 oz. Strawberry Jello (3 small boxes)
1 can jellied Cranberry sauce, stirred with a fork
1 can whole cranberry sauce or 2 pkg. Strawberries
4 bananas, sliced
1 small can crushed Pineapple
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 pint sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup sugar
Dissolve jello in water. Add cranberry sauces. Add bananas, pineapple and nuts.
Put half the mixture in a large container (like a 9X13″ pan) Reserve the rest and chill the container until set. Mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla together and pour onto set jello. Spread out to cover all the jello.
Carefully pour the remaining jello mixture on top and refrigerate.
Hope you enjoy!
- November 3, 2008 at 12:51 am #402402
Cranberries are a favorite of mine. Oh all the fruit that is in this salad, sounds soo good. I could probably eat this for a dessert also..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.