- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm by .
- November 5, 2014 at 7:26 pm #348417
cranberry orange relish
yield about 3 cups
1 unpeeled orange, washed, top and bottom removed, cut into eighths and seeded
12-oz fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and drained
¾ cup sugar
1. Use food processor, blender or grinder and work with only half the cranberries and orange pieces at a time. Can use a knife and chop it all, but what a job!!
Process until mixture is evenly chopped. Pay attention to the texture you like and stop processing when you see it.
3. Transfer to a bowl.
Repeat with remaining cranberries and orange pieces.
5. Stir in sugar.
6. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
People will think you spent forever making this. Great with chopped nuts stirred in at the last minute or with celery.
I’d love to take credit for “inventing” this, but alas, it’s just our favorite version of the original Ocean Spray recipe right off the bag. We like the smaller amount of sugar.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.