- This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated November 3, 2008 at 6:01 pm by .
- November 2, 2008 at 11:04 pm #265820
Quick-and-easy prep makes these roll-up treats a great addition to any holiday party.
1 (8-ounce) package crescent roll dough (we used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls)
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
1. First heat the oven to 375 degrees. Unroll the dough and divide it into 2 rectangles (most store-bought doughs are perforated down the middle).
Press together any other perforations to seal them. Using a butter knife, spread the cream cheese evenly over the 2 rectangles, leaving a 1/4- to 1/2-inch border on all sides, then spread the cranberry sauce over the cream cheese. Starting at the short side, roll each piece of dough into a log, then cut each log into six 1-inch-wide slices.
2. Place the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let the pinwheels sit for 5 minutes (to allow the filling to set) before removing them to wire racks.
Serve warm. Makes 12 pinwheels
- November 2, 2008 at 11:22 pm #402388
sounds really good. wonder if you can use a different berry jelly
- November 2, 2008 at 11:27 pm #402390
I’ll be making these for sure, it’s a must type of thing. Sounds really yummy too.
- November 2, 2008 at 11:38 pm #402393
I’m sure you could use just about any jelly. Whatever you like! 🙂
- November 3, 2008 at 2:37 am #402407
rtebalt, Sounds good — yum yum
- November 3, 2008 at 4:57 pm #402471
I’ve done guava & cream cheese – it comes out great and very similar to the Latin pastries they sell in the bakeries here in Miami. 🙂
- November 3, 2008 at 6:01 pm #402494
Sounds great Starsinnight! 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.