Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Cranberry Almond Oatmeal

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Cranberry Almond Oatmeal
      1/2 cup rolled oats (not quick or instant)
      1 1/4 cup water
      1/4 cup dried cranberries
      14 whole almonds chopped (not salted)
      1/4 cup fat-free milk
      1 tsp. brown sugar (optional)
      Combine oatmeal and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and lower heat to medium low.

Cook for 4 minutes. Stir oatmeal frequently to prevent it from sticking to bottom of pan. Add 1/4 cup milk and continue cooking for two more minutes.

Take pan off heat, add cranberries and almonds. Stir to mix well. Sprinkle brown sugar on top if desired.

Makes 1 serving for a big appetite, 2 servings for smaller appetites.
      Sandwich smilie

This sounds like a warm start to a cold morning!
      Gonna try this one too…with the brown sugar. 😉

giggle smileyI love brown sugar, so I always add a little extra to my own. When dd was little, i always assigned her a ‘breakfast’ task so that i could mix in a little extra brown sugar on mine. now that she’ grown and moved away i don’t have to cheat!

lol!

This one sounded absolutely delicious, we added it to the menu plan this week. I love oatmeal!

This would work well with substitutions, too. No almonds? Substitute pecan, hazelnuts, or pecans.

No died cranberries? Substitute raisins, dried apricots, cherries, peaches, or figs. And, make a bigger batch and put it in the refrigerator +without the nuts) in canning jars for breakfast later in the week.

Remove canning jar lid and microwave for a minute or so, sprinkle with nuts and enjoy. Makes morning easier.

Absolutely! Make whatever additions you need to make and make this recipe YOURS! It all sounds so good;-D

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Cranberry Almond Oatmeal