- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 14, 2003 at 5:37 pm by .
- December 14, 2003 at 5:37 pm #250521Guest
Candy jar shows off team spirit
This cool candy jar needs love and care — it’s made out of glass and clay.
Fill your homemade jar with candy when your family gathers to watch your favorite sports team on TV. You’ll be reminded of your team every time you get a goody.The jar also makes a great birthday gift for the sports fan at your house. MATERIALS:
- [*]One clay pot, 5 inches wide [*]Two clay saucers, 6 inches wide [*]One glass craft bowl (41/4 inches wide) [*]One wooden knob (found in craft stores) [*]Acrylic paint in team colors [*]Stickers [*]Glue gun or craft glue [/list]DIRECTIONS:
- Paint the outside of the clay pot and saucers in your favorite team colors.
- Turn one saucer upside down, then turn your clay pot upside down and glue it — with craft glue or glue gun (with an adult’s help) — to the saucer to build your base.
- Glue the glass bowl on top of the base.
- Using a glue gun or craft glue, ask an adult to help you glue the wooden knob on top of the other saucer.
- Decorate with stickers.
- Fill with your favorite candy.
By Marty Westman Photo by Ed Haun/KRT
Copyright © 2003 Detroit Free Press Inc.Attachment: (image/jpeg) craft_candyjar.jpg [not stored]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.