- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 14, 2003 at 5:52 pm by .
- December 14, 2003 at 5:52 pm #250522Guest
Gift Idea: Place all the supplies &; instructions in a cute box as a craft kit.
Make a herd of crazy creatures
You can make a bunch cool critters! Once you’ve learned the technique, get creative and make these creatures in all kinds of sizes and shapes. What they look like depends on your imagination! MATERIALS:
- [*]1 bag of pipe cleaners, various colors [*]1 bag of brightly colored feathers [*]Googly eyes [*]Sequins or beads [*]Craft glue [*]Scissors [/list]DIRECTIONS:
By Marty Westman Photo by Ed Haun/KRT
- Choose one pipe cleaner to form the critter’s body, head and tail. To form the legs, bend another pipe cleaner around the body stem, about 3 inches from the end. Repeat for the back legs.
- Twist the leg pipe cleaners tightly and glue to secure.
- Bend 1/2-inch section at the end of each leg to form the feet.
- Twist the main stem at the front like a candy cane to form the neck and the head. Twist the other end up for the tail.
- Glue feathers to the body, the tail and the head. We trimmed the fuzzy part of the feather to give our critter a furry look.
- For ears, we glued on the flat end of a feather in a contrasting color.
- Glue on two googly eyes.
- Glue on a sequin or bead for the nose.
Copyright © 2003 Detroit Free Press Inc.
Attachment: (image/jpeg) craft_crazycreatures.jpg [not stored]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.