Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

If you’ve never done this, you have got to try it! you can take the cheapest, toughest cut of meat and turn it into a melt in your mouth treat using this method!

Cover your Raw meat in Baking Soda, then, rub it into the meat, stick it in the fridge for a few hours (about 3-5, for best results), then, rinse the meat thoroughly.

Then cook as your normally would, and I swear to you, it will melt in your mouth with tenderness! Even the toughest cuts of cheap meat!

For More Baking Soda Tips check this out:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I’ve never tried this but all we can ever seem to afford is cheaper, tougher cuts of meat. I will definitely give this one a go next time. Since you’re washing the soda off afterwards I would think you’d still have to season it with both salt and pepper or whatever seasoning, right??

Liss
      Keymaster

This also works on chicken and pork as well as wild game, be sure to rinse well. It doesn’t seem to affect the flavor if you leave it on there, but you probably wouldn’t want the extra sodium in your recipe if it wasn’t necessary. Thanks for sharing the video Lisa!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.