Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, this is my first post ever for you guys, but i had to chime in. i read stuff

everyday and

just sit quietly. just wanted to say hi and that’s great that you instilled in

them good frugal

habits;-) that is what i’m struggling with! i’m bridget from a small lil town in

pa, i’m 25

and live at home but pursuing my masters. Honestly I want to stay in my lil

town. However

the issue comes in $. IT is small aka no walmart etc. We have 2 franchises

Subway and

Giant Eagle. The Mellons that own Mellon bank kinda run the town that way so

that it

keeps the lil town flavor. The joke is that anyone that lives here doesn’t

really shop here.

The prices are all jacked up high usually. I only shop sales or for a special

occasion or

deal. I try to be frugal but I stink at it. I have expensive taste and was

raised as an only

child (to some spoiled, but never a brat) i knew that i was blessed. however, i

was not

taught how to manage money hardly at all. i am a coupon cutter, deal finder, and

if i order

something it is normally on clearance or sale or i have deals to get freebies

with it. i just

love to find out deals and freebies and thrive on that. i am working on the

whole grocery

bill thing, that is what kills me. i love natural/organic food too. i just need

guidance and

that is what i get out of budget 101 and you all. 🙂

— In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, “Liss” wrote:

>

> >> But I think the joke is on them because they have their homes paid

> for,use coupons,garden,shop garage sales,Goodwill, do their own car and home

> maintaince,freeze their produce,kill hogs ea winter etc. and prob gather

> around the fire at nite and count their money.lolol<< >

> omg, this is so funny! you go mom! that’s just a riot.

>

> in answer to the thread, if you don’t use coupons at all, then yes, it can

> be more frugal to make your own detergent. but lately, i’ve gotten very

> handy using coupons and have been getting great deals on laundry detergent

> for .25- .50 a Bottle for Brands like ALL, Purex, Tide, and Biz.

>

> For me, my days of making my own detergents are gone. I did have this

> comparison on the site http://www.budget101.com under Dare to Compare. You can find

> it using the search.

>

> ~Liss

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.