- January 12, 2009 at 11:58 pm #269339
4 cups (1 qt) whole milk
1 cup quick-cooking grits
1 can (151⁄4 oz) corn niblets, drained
11⁄4 cups (5 oz) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
6 scallions, chopped
1 large egg
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄2 tsp dried thyme
1⁄4 tsp pepper
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat a shallow 2-qt baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Bring milk to a gentle boil in a 3-qt saucepan; slowly whisk in grits. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes until thickened.
3. Remove from heat; stir in corn, 1 cup cheese, the scallions, egg, salt, thyme and pepper. Pour into prepared dish.
4. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1⁄4 cup cheese and bake 15 minutes more until set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Planning Tip: Can be baked up to 2 days ahead. Refrigerate covered. Bring to room temperature before reheating in microwave or in oven.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.