- This topic is empty.
- September 27, 2021 at 4:36 pm #600899
Taco Bell’s Nacho Fries are the best thing on the menu, so why not make them at home? That was my reasoning behind this copycat recipe, to be exact.
You can reproduce the exact flavor of Taco Bell’s Nacho fries easily with bagged fries found in the freezer section of your grocery store, and you can make as many (or as few) as you want because there is enough seasoning and cheese sauce for an entire 2-pound bag.
For the best clone flavor, you should use Ore-Ida Golden Fries and fry them up nice and crispy. Taco Bell loaded Nacho fries use crispy french fries smothered with nacho cheese sauce, spicy ranch, seasoned beef, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese and jalapenos. Then add some guacamole if you desire!
Adding cayenne to the cheese sauce is perfect for a little added heat but the real secret ingredient of the nacho cheese sauce is a bit of brine from the pickled jalapeno slices.
How to Make Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Fries
Copycat Taco Bell Nacho Fry Seasoning Blend
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 teaspoons salt
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
¾ teaspoon onion powder
¾ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup Cheez Whiz cheese dip
½ cup milk (use whole milk, not 2%)
2 Tablespoons of brine from pickled sliced jalapeño peppers
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 2-pound bag Ore-Ida Golden Fries frozen French fries
1. In a small bowl, mix the seasoning ingredients.
2. Place the ingredients for the cheese sauce in a small saucepan and heat over low heat. Stir until smooth and heat until hot.
3. Follow the instructions on the bag to cook the French fries. Frying them in 375-degree oil (3 to 5 minutes) is best. Baking them is also possible.
4. Sprinkle the seasoning blend on the fries after they are done cooking. Afterwards, serve the fries with a side of cheese dipping sauce.
This recipe yields about 2 pounds (6-8 servings).
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.