- February 15, 2006 at 7:11 pm #236036LissKeymaster
I have two recipes you might want to try….I’m not sure
how “authentic” they are but they do come close to the real thing.
Personally, I like the first recipe much better…I’m a balsamic
kinda gal 🙂 To get a better teriyaki taste, I like to add a bit of
soy sauce and ginger–very little.
the first is from tastealikesDRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
pinch cracked black pepper
pinch garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1. Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl.
2. Heat mixture uncovered in the microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on
high until mixture boils rapidly.DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
3. Whisk well, cover and cool.
Yields approximately 2/3 cup.”
The second is from recipezaarDRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped well
4 cups water
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon corn syrup
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup vinegar
1. In a large stock pot heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add remaining ingredients except vinegar and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce to a simmer, simmering for 45 minutes.
5. Add vinegar and continue to simmer until reduced to 1 cup, around
I’m sure you could play around with the ingredients from both recipes
to find your own preference. Enjoy 🙂DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
**Be Lazy, do it right the first time!**
Date: Thu Mar 6, 2003 9:17 am
Subject: Re: Subway?? sweet onion sauce
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.