- March 14, 2007 at 5:00 pm #239085BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
orange julius copycat recipe
1 c Orange juiceJust blend everything together with a blender.
1 c Water
3/4 ts Vanilla extract
1/4 c Granulated sugar
1 c Ice — heaping cup
- October 7, 2008 at 9:43 pm #399701mommydarkParticipant
I have a version my kids enjoy.
1 cup OJput all ingredients in a blender. Mix until smooth.
1/2-1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2-1 cup milk
1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
6-12 cubes of ice
(optional: frozen tropical fruit: mango, pineapple)
- October 8, 2008 at 11:35 pm #399820
Where do you get Vanilla whey protein? This sounds good anyway.Thanks!!
- October 9, 2008 at 12:10 am #399831mommydarkParticipant
i buy it at our local Trader Joe’s. but I am sure most health food stores and vitamin shops carry it too. My husband uses this instead of soy protein powder, because he’s read whey protein powder is better for men than soy.
We also buy the chocolate whey powder and my daughter doesn’t even realize all the protein and other healthy ingredients that are in there.The whey powders make great protein additions to smoothies, and are much less chalky than soy protein powder (but I like using soy in my baking).
- October 9, 2008 at 12:00 pm #399875
Health food store!!! Thats it!! Thanks!!!
- May 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm #439705
Thank you! I haven’t has an orange Julius in years. I’m looking forward to trying this
- February 2, 2014 at 4:16 am #449711My friend at work loves this drink!!!!! Just sent him the directions, I know it will make him so happy!!!!! Thanks
- February 2, 2014 at 7:36 pm #449758
I would think that if you prefer the egg..use egg beaters, which are pasteurized.
- February 2, 2014 at 7:38 pm #449759
I have seen it at Sams’ club in the past…don’t use it, but was with the weight loss supplements, etc.
- February 5, 2014 at 8:49 am #449963All sounds good to me! Nice!
- February 15, 2014 at 9:02 am #450970
I believe Orange Julius has always used a protein powder. Even way back then when they opened their business it would have been against health dept codes to service raw eggs to customers. Years ago there was a product called Tiger(s) Milk that friends of mine used to make it but I would imagine it was a vanilla flavored protein powder.
You can buy the flavored egg protein powder at many grocery stores.
- March 10, 2014 at 5:07 am #452189I don’t normally put eggs in my Orange Julius recipe, but I’m wondering what egg replacement powder would do? Has anyone tried this?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.