- January 7, 2009 at 11:47 pm #268951
Copycat KFC Potato Wedges Recipe
* shortening (for frying)
* 5 baking potatoes, cut into wedges
* 1 cup milk
* 1 egg
* 1 cup flour
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 1 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon msg
* 1/4 teaspoon paprika
* 1 dash garlic powder
1. Preheat shortening to 375°F.
2. Cut the potatoes into 16 to 18 equal size wedges.
3. Mix the egg and milk till well blended in a big bowl.
4. Mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
5. Put some potatoes in the milk and egg then into the flour mixture till well coated.
6. Fry in fryer for 3 minutes, remove from the oil and allow them to sit for one minute and then cook them again for 5 minutes or until cooked.
7. It may take up to 6 minutes.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
Other Copycat KFC recipes you might like:
- August 1, 2013 at 1:24 am #440732
I absolutely love KFC Potato Wedges…definitely going to make these!
- August 3, 2013 at 12:03 am #440756
If I left out the 1/2 tsp msg, would the taste still be the same? or maybe use mrs dash seasonings?
msg sets off migraines, fibromyalgia flare ups, and tummy issues for me. :-/
i try to avoid it when i can…
- January 13, 2014 at 1:49 am #448245
MrsPaws: I’m not a fan of msg, either. as i understand it, msg is basically promoted as a flavor “enhancer.” i have always left it out of every other recipe that has called for it, and i was pleased.
please let me know if you have tried this recipe without the msg, and what your results were.
- January 14, 2014 at 4:36 pm #448329
Gonna try these tonight..Having Taco’s and Mexican rice..So this will be great with it..Thanks
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.