- January 7, 2009 at 11:46 pm #268950
Copycat KFC Original Recipe
* 2 fryer chicken, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
* 6 cups Crisco shortening
* 1 egg, well beaten
* 2 cups milk
* 2 cups flour
* 2 teaspoons ground pepper
* 3 tablespoons salt
* 1 teaspoon msg
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 dash paprika
1. Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
6. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
7. When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.
8. Release to manufacturer’s instructions.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.