- This topic has 7 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated December 29, 2013 at 11:57 pm by .
- January 8, 2009 at 12:07 am #268956
Copycat Hot Pockets Recipe
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup pizza sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (8 ounce) package pepperoni
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
2. Unroll cresent dough and seperate into 8 rectangles.
3. Seal seams.
4. Divide sauce, cheese, and pepperoni amoung the 8 pieces.
5. Fold over and pinch edges together.
6. Place seam side down on greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes: 8 pockets
- February 6, 2013 at 9:39 pm #436160
Thanks for sharing…great to make ahead and freeze for quick snacks!
- December 9, 2013 at 11:59 pm #445575
Simple and easy! Thats up my alley!
- December 11, 2013 at 4:49 am #445588
I love this idea! Great for on the go. Thank you.
- December 11, 2013 at 11:59 pm #445601
Hey, do you have one for the ham and cheese, that is my favorite hot pocket.. I’m going to try this one too. Either way it sounds good still.
- December 19, 2013 at 11:21 am #445835
Family loves this! I also make a simple ham and cheese version that they rave about. Pretty much just fill it with whatever you want.
If I ever master a good crescent roll from scratch, I will replace the canned versions, but so far the ease has won out on this particular convenience food.
- December 19, 2013 at 7:29 pm #445867
Years ago I got one of those little sandwich makers that you can butter the bread and add whatever fillings you want, we still have the thing and it works great for hand held filled sandwiches like this. I like to chop up leftover meat (chicken, roast beef, etc) and add a sprinkle of cheese to it. It makes pretty good cornbread and hand pies too.
They have them at walmart and amazon for around $12-15
- December 29, 2013 at 10:29 pm #446685
This is almost exactly what I’m looking for. I just need to find something else besides crescent roll dough I can use. Maybe homemade biscuit or pizza dough rolled thin and tucked around (like a mini stromboli)?
DH does not like crescent rolls. I had found a pizza bite/crescent roll recipe and, even though he’ll eat pizza rolls by the bag full, declined to even try them- because of the crescent rolls. **Eyeroll** ^_^
- December 29, 2013 at 11:57 pm #446710
@shearon 392390 wrote:
This is almost exactly what I’m looking for. I just need to find something else besides crescent roll dough I can use. Maybe homemade biscuit or pizza dough rolled thin and tucked around (like a mini stromboli)? DH does not like crescent rolls. I had found a pizza bite/crescent roll recipe and, even though he’ll eat pizza rolls by the bag full, declined to even try them- because of the crescent rolls. **Eyeroll** ^_^
In the Sandwich Makers You can use:
- Pita Bread
- Regular Sandwich Bread (White or Wheat) Just run a little egg around the edges and crimp to seal
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought) there are dough mix recipes on the site under the convenience mixes
- Cornbread (with jalapenos)
- Bisquick type mix with chunks of ham and cheese in them
- Corn or Flour Tortillas (recipes here on the site for both!)
- Pancake batter and toss cooked sausage links for pigs in a blanket
- Breakfast Wedges with hash browns mixed with an egg to hold them all together and a few chunks of diced onion/sausage/bacon or cheese
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.