- January 7, 2009 at 11:45 pm #268949
Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
* 2 lbs frozen southern style hash brown potatoesDirections:
* 2 cups sour cream
* 1 10 1/2 ounce can cream of chicken soup
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup chopped onions
* 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Place potatoes in greased 9 x 13-inch pan.
2. Season with salt and pepper.3. In bowl, combine onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup.
4. Pour soup mixture over potatoes.
5. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and melted butter.6. Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes: 6 servings
- November 27, 2012 at 2:28 am #435128FreebieQueenModerator
We really like this one, but we crumble browned sausage over the top and sometimes add a can of chopped green chilis for some Kick!
- November 27, 2012 at 3:22 pm #435136That sounds like an interesting variation. May have to try that one.
Thanks for the idea!!
- November 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm #435162
This casserole sounds delicious, especially with the addition of sausage. Thanks for sharing.
- November 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm #435158
In MN we call them Company Potatoes (everyone brings them for potlucks). We love our casseroles!!!!!
- November 28, 2012 at 12:16 am #435156Is there a recipe on this site for doing your own potatoes for hash browns?
- November 28, 2012 at 1:36 am #435164
Never mind, I used the search feature and found what I wanted.
- November 30, 2012 at 6:07 pm #435235
I had the same question. Will you share what you found?
- November 30, 2012 at 9:40 pm #435236
- August 28, 2013 at 6:47 pm #443094
Peel the potatoes. I figure a medium one is a serving. Take a cheese grater, food processer or a food chopper and chop the potatoes up.Place potatoes on paper towels and blot off liquid. In heated cooking oil fry potatoes until brown. Add seasoning and enjoy.
I use just enough oil to cover the bottom of frying pan.
- August 29, 2013 at 12:54 pm #443117
- November 9, 2013 at 11:09 am #445038
I love this casserole~ I add cubed ham to mine to make it a main dish. My family loves it!
- November 9, 2013 at 6:46 pm #445047mosParticipantI love casseroles! Especially versatile ones like this. Adding meat and/or veggies will make it different every time so it is different every time you serve it.
- August 11, 2014 at 10:05 am #457596
Looks yummy. I will have to try with mushroom soup I don’t eat meat.
- January 6, 2015 at 4:04 pm #460245
Yumm! Gonna have to try it!
Thank you for the recipe!
- January 13, 2015 at 2:27 am #460366This sounds like a winner, especially with the sausage and green chillis! My family loves a kick to their food
- January 15, 2015 at 1:06 pm #460395
@Swaindia 258674 wrote:
I had the same question. Will you share what you found?here you are, this one is delicious, i use it all the time
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.