- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated November 27, 2018 at 11:28 pm by .
- January 11, 2017 at 2:30 pm #375649shannonG
I discovered that I can make my own crispy cheese-it style crackers (with real cheese in them, hahaha). They’re gluten free too!
Here’s how you do it:Get a package of ultra thin slices of sharp cheddar cheese, I used Sargento but any decent brand will do.
Cut the cheese into squares, then place them on a silpat lined baking sheet for 30 minutes at 300F.
They come out crispy and taste like cheese-its!!If you want you can sprinkle them with salt as soon as they come out of the oven, but they don’t need it at all!!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- August 6, 2018 at 12:48 pm #464922babyishcare
I really want to try this but I don’t know what a “Silpat” is, is that another ingredient?
- August 6, 2018 at 12:50 pm #464923Liss
@babyishcare 1095086 wrote:I really want to try this but I don’t know what a “Silpat” is, is that another ingredient?
No, a Silpat is a non-stick baking mat that you can use so you don’t have to grease a pan or worry about foods sticking. You can find them here, I have several different sizes and types.
- August 7, 2018 at 11:08 pm #464927mos
Sounds interesting! I may have to try it! Does it have to be Sargento’s brand?
- November 27, 2018 at 12:57 am #465123cmorrowHi, how would you recommend storing these? Ziplock?? In or out of the fridge??
- November 27, 2018 at 11:28 pm #465125mos
Since you are using real cheese, you should store them in the refrigerator.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.