- This topic has 3 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated May 15, 2014 at 6:53 pm by .
- January 8, 2009 at 12:04 am #268955
Copycat Aunt Jemima Maple Syrup Recipe
* 2 cups water
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 2 cups dark corn syrup
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
* 3 tablespoons butter (optional)
1. Combine the first four ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir occasionally, until the mixture comes to a full boil.
3. Let it boil for 7 minutes.
4. Turn the heat off and let the syrup cool for 15 minutes.
5. Add the maple flavoring and stir.
6. When completely cool, transfer the syrup to a covered plastic or glass container.
Makes: 1 quart
- January 10, 2009 at 8:36 pm #409215
Do you know how long this will keep?
Thanks for posting, it sounds like it will save us a lot of money.
- January 10, 2009 at 10:59 pm #409230
There’s nothing really in it to spoil, unless you add the butter,
- March 26, 2014 at 7:58 pm #452718
I cant wait to try this syrup. I gotta have the butter lol
- May 15, 2014 at 6:53 pm #453525
Try using butter flavoring (found with other extracts at the grocery store) in this. That’s what I use and I get rave reviews.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.