- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated January 7, 2009 at 11:41 pm by .
- January 7, 2009 at 11:41 pm #268946
Copycat Applebee`s Blondie Brownies Recipe
* 1 cup sifted flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/3 cup butter OR margarine
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg – beaten
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
* 3/8 cup maple syrup
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3/8 cup brown sugar
* 8 ounces cream cheese – softened
* 1/2 teaspoon maple extract OR flavoring
1. Sift together sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Add chopped nuts.
3. Mix well and set aside.
4. Melt butter.
5. Add brown sugar and mix well.
6. Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
7. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
8. Stir in white chocolate chips.
9. Spread into a 9″ square pan.
10. Bake at 350F., 20-25 minutes, or until tester inserted in center comes out clean or with slightly fudgy looking crumbs.
11. Combine syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted.
12. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
13. Remove from heat and beat in cream cheese and maple extract until smooth.
14. Heat again either over low heat or in the microwave at short intervals to reach desired sauce consistency.
15. Serve sauce over warm blondies topped with vanilla ice cream.
Makes: 10 servings
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.