Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cool entertainment for little kids?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

For the heat your gonna wanna open up all the windows and doors if you have screen ones also. Get a few fans place them near the windows and such and keep ’em going. If you have ceiling fans those are great too. Also I strip mine down to his diaper for his naptime during the summer with a fan on him. (I live in Alabama) Have lots and lots of cold drinks, like iced tea, water, juices are ok, sodas are horrible – too much sugar makes me and my kids sick in the heat. As for play time, get a kiddie pool or sprinkler and let them play in the yard. Have a watermelon seed spitting contest. Try to go to the park in the early morning or evening when it’s not so hot and just relax at home during the heat of the day We didn’t have air conditioning for two
      years and my mother still doesn’t and that’s what we do. Sometimes we just go outside and with whatever we are wearing we just turn the hose on and dose ourselves with water. If you know of any public swimming areas like a stream or river in your area you might want to check that out. We have also taken the kids out fishing so there’s not a whole lot of running around, but they still have fun. Just what ever you do and where ever you go make sure you have pleanty of water. Hope this helps.

~Tee

Original Message —-
      Sent: Monday, June 9, 2008 8:00:52 AM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Cool entertainment for little kids?

The weather forecast for tomorrow says it will be 98 degrees, with heat
      indices well over 100. My daughter is 2 1/2, and most of my free summer
      entertainment options involve being outdoors…but I don’t think it
      will be safe for her to be running around outside for long tomorrow. I
      checked out two movie theaters for free kids movies – one is on
      Wednesdays, and the other doesn’t have any locations near us. Any other
      ideas for how to keep my munchkin cool and entertained?

Also…we don’t have air conditioning, and I’m thinking she is going to
      have a hard time taking her nap in the middle of the day if it’s that
      hot. Any suggestions? Us folks in New England know how to deal with
      snow and freezing temperatures, but we’re not quite as adept at
      handling the heat!

Thanks,
      Suzanne

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Cool entertainment for little kids?