- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated August 8, 2014 at 4:59 pm by .
- July 18, 2014 at 11:02 am #344411Pupaccino
Ok, so I’m a college student and we’re not allowed to have hot plates, etc in our rooms. We do have a microwave. I’m looking for inexpensive snack or meal ideas that are tasty but healthier than this iron-pizza, lol.
Any ideas fellow budgeteers?
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- July 22, 2014 at 12:40 pm #456470PennyaHave you checked out the Ramen Recipes section of the site?
some college eats:
- peanut butter
- oatmeal is really cheap, filling and healthy & can be cooked in the microwave
- bananas are usually under .50 a lb
- rice is fairly cheap but takes longer to cook
- August 8, 2014 at 4:59 pm #457445AhuvahIts been a long time since I was in college but I relied on a rice cooker/ steamer. I was able to have warm soup or even a makeshift casserole using the steamer. Be sure to read up on its use cuz that was about 20 years ago so I’m sure they are made different now!
Good luck and God will provide
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.