- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated May 19, 2009 at 4:37 pm by .
- May 19, 2009 at 1:40 pm #273470
Cold Cucumber Soup
You can make this soup ahead of time and chill it, covered, in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3 leeks, washed and sliced in rounds
2 cups vegetable stock
2 cups milk
6 cucumbers, peeled, sliced, and seeded
3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped green onion or chive
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
plain low-fat yogurt, or low-fat sour cream
1. Cook the leeks in the stock in a large soup pot for 10 minutes. Add the milk and cucumbers.
Pour small batches at a time into a blender and purée until smooth. Add the dill, lemon juice, green onions or chives, salt, and pepper. Stir once or twice.
Chill covered in the refrigerator for 3 hours
- May 19, 2009 at 4:37 pm #421642
I’ve never had cucumber soup. Sounds good! 🙂 Thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.