- This topic has 8 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated December 31, 2014 at 11:03 pm by .
- April 11, 2006 at 4:57 am #236445Shannon1
A friend tipped me off to this one
Stick a roast in…cheap cuts okay!sprinkle on a packet of dry onion soup mix
dump on a can of coke
Cook on low for 8 hours.
- September 2, 2012 at 1:39 am #432702Aimershow is this??? yummy??
- September 2, 2012 at 2:13 am #432706Vampixen
So So yummy will have to try
- September 3, 2012 at 1:25 am #432730MrsPaws
@Aimers 243914 wrote:how is this??? yummy??
A good family friend told me about this many years ago. But we were discussing what to do with a Deer roast.
It turned out great!
It was so tender and tasty. June told me it was due to the cola. She was right about the recipe being good…
- September 3, 2012 at 5:54 pm #432740AimersThanks! I’ve cooked roasts before with a can of coke…. the soda is a meat tenderizer I’ve heard.
I bought a roast tonight to have it 😉 yummm!
- February 21, 2014 at 3:00 am #451240PurpleButtons
The timing on this is fantastic! We were just given a roast that will need this kind of tlc! Can’t wait to taste it!
- July 14, 2014 at 12:23 pm #456058becky1960Easy to make and taste great !
- November 9, 2014 at 12:38 am #459252cinnamon1916
Can you use any type of roast or just beef? How about pork? Could you use Dr. Pepper or pepsi instead of coke?
- December 30, 2014 at 8:12 pm #460001Kenosnugs
I have used cheaper brands of soda and it works.
- December 31, 2014 at 11:03 pm #460041moscinnamon1916, its been my experience that any dark soda will do the trick!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.