- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 17, 2009 at 2:10 am by .
- September 17, 2009 at 2:10 am #276476
Coconut Marble Cake
Active: 20 min
Total: 1¼ hr
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp each baking powder and vanilla extract
4 large eggs
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 cup milk 1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, finely chopped
Chocolate Drizzle: 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted with 1 1/2 tsp oil
Garnish: toasted coconut
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 10-in. (12-cup) bundt pan.
2. Beat butter, sugar, baking powder and vanilla in a large bowl with mixer on high 3 minutes or until fluffy.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. On low speed, beat in flour in 3 additions alternately with milk in 2 additions, just until blended, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Stir in almond extract just to combine.
4. Melt chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl in microwave as pkg directs. Cool slightly, then stir in 1 1/2 cups batter until blended.
5. Stir coconut into remaining batter. Spoon 2 cups into prepared pan. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate batter into pan, leaving spaces between each dollop. Drop spoonfuls of coconut batter between chocolate batter. Repeat, alternating batters. Run a knife through batters to marbleize.
6. Bake 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes before inverting cake on rack to cool completely.
7. Drizzle: Scrape melted chocolate into a small ziptop bag. Cut a tip off 1 corner and pipe chocolate over cake; sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Per serving: 311 cal, 4 g pro, 40 g car, 2 g fiber, 16 g fat (10 g sat fat), 70 mg chol, 100 mg sod
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.