- November 10, 2008 at 2:58 am #266310
Bake: 20 minutes per batch
2-2/3 cups flaked coconut (7 ounces)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
4 ounces semisweet chocolate (optional)
1 teaspoon shortening (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour a large cookie sheet or line with parchment paper; set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl combine coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
3. If desired, in a small saucepan melt chocolate and shortening over low heat. Dip bottoms of cookies in melted chocolate mixture.
4. Makes about 30 cookies
5. Tip: To drizzle chocolate over macaroons, place melted chocolate mixture in a resealable plastic bag. Snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
Pipe chocolate mixture across each cookie in a crisscross pattern.
- November 13, 2008 at 1:33 pm #403417
thanks for the recipe i have hte german instructions ofr it but it gets kind of old with the different measurements after a while. I used to have a measuring cup with metric and cups on it but it broke.
- November 13, 2008 at 1:37 pm #403418
Macaroons are my all time favorite cookie…I am going to make some tonight – cause I am off again. 🙂 Thanks!!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.