- December 22, 2008 at 8:53 pm #268078
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup milk
3 cups shredded coconut
In a saucepan, boil sugar and milk over medium heat until it becomes a thin
syrup (232 to 240 degrees on your candy thermometer). Add coconut, stirring
constantly to prevent burning. Color should be a nice golden brown.
over a flat plate and let cool. May be eaten warm or chilled. Makes 24 pieces
- December 27, 2008 at 1:24 pm #407117
This sounds so good.
- December 27, 2008 at 2:34 pm #407120
Are these the ones that you can cover in chocolate and they taste like mounds candy bars ???
- December 27, 2008 at 2:42 pm #407123
Oh man – if it’s not the one I bet it would be good anyway – and easy too.
- December 27, 2008 at 2:57 pm #407130
Yeah we used to make them at Christmas !!! They were so good and if you want almond joys just add the almonds!!! I mean what could be better than homemade candy bars ???
You can’t beat that with a stick if you ask me !!!
- December 27, 2008 at 2:57 pm #407131
This one sounds good and easy. (love the chocolate Idea)
- December 28, 2008 at 1:22 am #407172
I’ve made them with choc like you said and ohhh my were they good.
- December 28, 2008 at 2:11 am #407176
I have a big tub of these I made last week….with chocolate on them too…a few of them I added mint too…..yummy!!!
- December 28, 2008 at 12:32 pm #407218
Oh man I bet the mint is good too !!!!
- December 28, 2008 at 1:53 pm #407227
Yep!! With out the mint its like a mounds…with the mint its sorta like a coconut peppermint patty 🙂
- December 28, 2008 at 2:27 pm #407234
You know what? I’ll bet just reading all these posts is fattening!!!
- December 28, 2008 at 2:42 pm #407235
You think so???? Then I think I am about to gain alot!!!
- December 28, 2008 at 3:08 pm #407239
It’s a done deal, girl!!!
- December 28, 2008 at 3:16 pm #407241
oh no….and i really thought about going on a diet….thats blown out the window!!
- December 28, 2008 at 4:01 pm #407251
I love Mound candy bars. At least with this recipe we would know there are no preservatives.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.