Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

3 cups granulated sugar
      1 cup milk
      3 cups shredded coconut

In a saucepan, boil sugar and milk over medium heat until it becomes a thin
      syrup (232 to 240 degrees on your candy thermometer). Add coconut, stirring
      constantly to prevent burning. Color should be a nice golden brown.

Spread
      over a flat plate and let cool. May be eaten warm or chilled. Makes 24 pieces

This sounds so good.

Are these the ones that you can cover in chocolate and they taste like mounds candy bars ???

Oh man – if it’s not the one I bet it would be good anyway – and easy too.

Yeah we used to make them at Christmas !!! They were so good and if you want almond joys just add the almonds!!! I mean what could be better than homemade candy bars ???

You can’t beat that with a stick if you ask me !!!

This one sounds good and easy. (love the chocolate Idea)

I’ve made them with choc like you said and ohhh my were they good.

I have a big tub of these I made last week….with chocolate on them too…a few of them I added mint too…..yummy!!!

Oh man I bet the mint is good too !!!!

Yep!! With out the mint its like a mounds…with the mint its sorta like a coconut peppermint patty 🙂

You know what? I’ll bet just reading all these posts is fattening!!!

You think so???? Then I think I am about to gain alot!!!

It’s a done deal, girl!!!

oh no….and i really thought about going on a diet….thats blown out the window!!

I love Mound candy bars. At least with this recipe we would know there are no preservatives.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.