- March 11, 2007 at 1:53 pm #238681BiggerPiggyBankParticipant
Coconut Banana Loaf Veg CD CBF 85mins
Makes 1 x 22x5cm/9×5 inch loaf Cold Vegetarian Cakes Baked Fayre
200g/7oz Self Raising Flour
50g/2oz Desiccated (flaked) Coconut
A pinch Salt
50g/2oz Chopped Walnuts
125g/5oz Maraschino Cherries, chopped
200g/7oz Caster Sugar
100g/4oz Butter, melted
225g/8oz Bananas, mashed
1/2 teasp Almond Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 350F, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a
22x5cm/9×5 inch loaf tin. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour,
coconut, salt, chopped walnuts, and cherries. Set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs until light and frothy then add the
sugar and melted butter and mix well.
3. Stir in mashed banana and extract then add the flour mixture and stir
just to combine. Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or
until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
4. Leave to stand for 10 minutes before removing from the tin. Cool on a
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.