- January 13, 2009 at 10:46 pm #269393
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
1 2/3 c.
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 c. water
cooked long-grain rice
2 1/2 c. cooked chicken, diced
1 (3 oz.) mushrooms, drained
1/3 c. chopped green pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
In saucepan, melt butter and blend in flour. Add milk, broth and water. Cook quickly, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and bubbles.
Add rice, chicken, mushrooms, green pepper, pimiento and salt. Pour into greased 2 quart dish. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until heated through.
- January 13, 2009 at 11:50 pm #409768
This sounds great! Thanks! 🙂
- January 14, 2009 at 2:56 am #409785
Lynn – I want to come eat at your house!!!
- January 14, 2009 at 10:33 am #409830
This sounds like a good recipe for my hubby. I personally am not a chicken eater, or most meat for that matter, but I think he will like this one for sure…thank you .
- January 14, 2009 at 12:14 pm #409853
Arron made this and I tell you what…I wanted to eat more…I think I ate til I was STUFFED!!! Come on over Janice..and dont forget Sissy!!!
- January 14, 2009 at 8:53 pm #409938
Do you honestly think she would let me forget her!!!
- January 17, 2009 at 2:24 am #410296
Naw, she would follow you with fork in mouth 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.