- March 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm #339888
I recently got a he washer.
i have seen posts about what type of detergent/fabric softener to use. [thank you] i was wondering what folks are using to “clean” the washer. i understand they need to be cleaned regularly, but the cleaner is expensive and i have a septic system and don’t want to damage it.
- March 20, 2014 at 12:18 am #452504DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
I have had 2 he washers, they both got horrid musty smells and i bought the really expensive “he washer cleaner”. then, a friend turned me onto homemade laundry soap. violla!!!
no smell, no hint of musty smell ever again. so i would recommend using homemade laundry soap, not only is it cheaper, but clothes smell better and no more smell (plus added savings of not buying that cleaner!)
- March 24, 2014 at 3:22 am #452641
Thank you for your input. I’m planning on going to homemade, glad I won’t have to worry about “cleaning” the washer.
- March 24, 2014 at 2:43 pm #452654DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!
I have noticed as well that since I switched to homemade soap there is no longer any odor in the machine. I also use 1/4 cup of vinager in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener.
- March 24, 2014 at 6:44 pm #452640
I also started using 1/4 c vinegar in a full wash cycle and I leave the door cracked open in between uses.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.