Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I recently got a he washer.
      i have seen posts about what type of detergent/fabric softener to use. [thank you] i was wondering what folks are using to “clean” the washer. i understand they need to be cleaned regularly, but the cleaner is expensive and i have a septic system and don’t want to damage it.

input please!

DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!

I have had 2 he washers, they both got horrid musty smells and i bought the really expensive “he washer cleaner”. then, a friend turned me onto homemade laundry soap. violla!!!

no smell, no hint of musty smell ever again. so i would recommend using homemade laundry soap, not only is it cheaper, but clothes smell better and no more smell (plus added savings of not buying that cleaner!)

Thank you for your input. I’m planning on going to homemade, glad I won’t have to worry about “cleaning” the washer.

DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!

I have noticed as well that since I switched to homemade soap there is no longer any odor in the machine. I also use 1/4 cup of vinager in the rinse cycle instead of fabric softener.

I also started using 1/4 c vinegar in a full wash cycle and I leave the door cracked open in between uses.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.